Application for an artist card
From May 2019 you can request the artist card online: www.artistatwork.be/nl.
The paper application form can be found HERE
ATTENTION: do not confuse the artist CARD with the artist VISA: www.artistsunited.be/nl/content/blog/kunstenaarkaart-niet-gelijk-aan-visum
The legislator provided for certain rules regarding the use of the KVR ('Small Fee Regulation'):
- The KVR can only be used for artistic activities. The KVR should NOT be used for other types of activities. For example, teaching is seen as mainly educational. Even if teaching to dance, teaching an instrument, etc. certainly contains an artistic component, the Artist Card and the KVR can NOT be used here.
- You may not use the KVR for more than 30 days a year (in total) and no more than 7 consecutive days (with the same client).
- You can charge a maximum of EUR 130.79 per day in 2020 via the KVR and a maximum of EUR 2,615.78 in 2020 (2,578.51 in 2019) per year.
- Use checklist / overview of activities, see below.
- Unemployment Benefit Fee/Chômage? You must color your box black if you work with KVR. You can therefore NOT combine this with an unemployement benefit fee. So you lose a day of UBF and you do not build up any rights to the 'artists status' at the same time when you use the KVR.
- ABROAD? The KVR is only valid on Belgian territory, as the other countries do not treat small-scale artistic performances in the same way.
- You should also use the performance checklist. This is a document with the overview of the activities that were paid with the KVR to use. It must be possible to present this document during any inspections and checks! (If via artistatwork, you must enter your performance online BEFORE performing the performance). Literally: "According to the regulations, you must be able to present the Card and the overview of your activities at your workplace to the inspection service." (In the new online application 'artistatwork' the intention is to enter the performances on the platform BEFORE the start of the achievement.)
Combination with other allowances or wages?
Solutions if the KVR can no longer be usedIf the KVR can no longer be used, ask us for more information without obligation. Commission/Commissie Kunstenaars: click http://socialsecurity.belgium.be/nl/kunstenaarsstatuut.